**Please scroll down to see other new posts**
- When Liu Xuan first appeared in the series, she gave off a pretty warm feeling. I think her dubbed voice suits her and she seems pretty cute . I think she’s doing a good job giving off that “ordinary” type of character; while she is still quite likable- kind-hearted, responsible and righteous. I think they’ve tried to *hint* some of her potential martial arts skills when she was able to hold up one of the bullies and quickly grasp some of the techniques from just watching others practice. I’m looking forward to seeing her fighting scenes and watching our heroine develop!
- In contrast, Kenneth’s character is so silly lol. Kenneth is always getting himself into trouble and fights, constantly bluffs, likes to gamble, and he constantly pestering Wong Fei Hong (played by John Chiang) to take him in as his apprentice. While it is obvious that he looks up to Wong Fei Hong and respects him a lot, I still question the so called “commitments” he says he would make. I still think the main reason he wants to be his apprentice is because he’d think he’d be able to gain fame and no one would look down on him or able to pick on him anymore.
- At first I found Kenneth’s scenes pretty entertaining but then later a bit annoying when I started to realise his actions were so immature…
- While he has heaps of bad habits, Kenneth’s character is still considered a good guy and I do feel sorry for him when he gets picked on. It would be interesting to watch his change into the villain of the series- probably due to other rejections/humiliations/betrayl(?) he would suffer. Maybe when he turn out “evil”, we’ll miss seeing this side of him.
- I think Kenneth and Xuan make good siblings (although not blood-related)- they constantly they look out for one another. It happened once or twice when Kenneth would just grab her and places her down somewhere else. XD They’re both like little kids e.g when the two hide on the side to sneakily watch the material arts training or fights. I read on the website that Xuan is 18 in the series, while Kenneth is 24.
- Bosco appears to be very powerful in his fist attacks and we soon learn he is actually the son of the once- top Martial Artist in GuangZhou (Dominic Lam) 20 years ago, before Wong Fei Hong came along and defeated him- breaking up his family. Bosco’s mother passed away when he was a baby and Dominic is left with a serious contangious desease and health condition. The father and son have lived through hardships for survival and Bosco was never aware of his past.
- It’s interesting to see that the respected Wong Fei Hong, was once young and arrogant, leaving his life with many regrets, including what he owes Bosco and even his own son- played by Raymond Wong who can’t stand being with him.
- Bosco starts to slowly open up to Xuan as she’s always really nice to him and wants to befriend him. She also cares about his father’s conditions and asks Wong Fei Hong for help.
- However, after Dominic confronts Wong Fei Hong and reveals his identity, Dominic commits suicide by jumping into a river when he was sadden by the fact he is unable to pass on their family’s martial arts technqiue onto Bosco (due to his health); nor able to take revenge on Wong Fei Hong. This leaves Bosco filled with hatred towards Wong Fei Hong and wants to avenge for his family.
- I doubt that Dominic actually died (based on promotional image and the themevideo) and it appears as though Elliot had something to do with the fight between the two. It would be interesting to see what he actuallt did, creating this huge misunderstanding between the two families…
- I like watching the bonding between Xuan and Bosco- they’re pretty cute XD Maybe I like watching Bosco open up to her..^^ If it wasn’t for the whole idea of the story being Xuan falling in love with Wong Fei Hong, I’d think she felt something for him too. Maybe this would be a one -sided love..?
- Yay! More Raymond Wong! 🙂 He appears once again as the righteous guy! However, unlike his father, he does not like to fight but instead uses his writing to help the people and society, by uncovering and revealing the political corruptions and injustice which is brought to their socitey. I really fear for his safetey though, because his actions directly go against those more “powerful” even though he is willing to die for his country. It’s a pity that Wong Fei Hong and Raymond’s relationship is so bad.. I’m really hoping that the misunderstandings between the father and son will go away and that they could mend this “broken’ relationship.Despite misunderstandings with his father, his character reflects the rightouesness of his father. I’m also curious to see who his brother is..could it be Power Chan?
- I don’t feel much towards Fala- more of a disliking than liking though-She’s pretty annoying -money hungry, blunt, rude, and does not appear to appreciate anything- Kenneth helped her pay off her debts, and giving her a place to stay and a job to work at. I’m not too trusting of her (I don’t really believe her story about being a chef’s apprentice either lol). I hope she’ll change for the better and not turn into a Nancy Wu from No Regrets! My eyes roll every time Kenneth tries persues her- she doesn’t seem interested in him at all, while Kenneth is clearly annoying her. I wonder if it’ll get anywhere… Based on the intermission clips, looks like she’ll develop some a love relationship with Bosco- (a love triangle?) The two haven’t met yet..would be interesting to see their 2 different personalities interact.