As I am really busy during this period and do not have enough time to spend on this blog, I’ll be jotting down my thoughts on the TVB series as quick scribbles. This will ensure you’ll get more regular updates from me 🙂 Apologies for the draft-ness of my upcoming posts. Hope you guys enjoy what I have to share! [May contains spoilers]
- Raymond’s character reminds me of his role in Moonlight Resonance. The sweet kind-natured guy that everyone loves (He even wears a similar style checkered shirt). Family and morals are the most important things to him and he believe people should be steady and not take shortcuts. I felt really sorry for him from Episode 1 when he was trying so hard to run his father’s business and protect it from his evil Uncle. Based on the trailer’s I’ve seen, it looks as though Raymond’s character will suffer a lot more- facing many betrayals from his loved ones..bound to be a lot of tears! I’m already fearing what will happen to this poor guy, but looking forward to his growth and maturity as he “grows through life”. As he faces all the challenges in life, its not had to predict he may end up losing himself in the process. Guess we’ll just have to watch more to see.
- At first I thought Damien would play Raymond’s father. Then I found out I was wrong- he played Raymond’s greedy Uncle. The families are in bad terms with each other ( Damien towards Raymond and his mother) and it was frustrating to watch the first two episodes when we saw how far he pushed Raymond to a corner for his own greedy business desires. It had to be for a reason- and it seemed pretty obvious that he was jealous and hated his brother -Raymond’s father (who had passed away). It’s indeed interesting seeing Damien take on this role- it’s a bit different to his usual. When Raymond’s mother mentioned to Damien about him owing her, or she and Raymond’s father doing something wrong to him in the past, I was thinking “did Raymond’s mother use to go out with Damien? Don’t tell me Raymond is actually Damien’s son…” In episode 4, the first part was revealed. Looking at the hints from Raymond’s mother’s flashback and opening sequence, I have a feeling my latter thought may also be true too…
- Raymond’s fiancee is quite pretty and I was surprised when she was speaking Cantonese (own voice without dubbing ^^) It may be her face expression but I keep getting the impression she’s sad most of the time. Even though I didn’t know her character that well in episode 1, I was disappointed that she let her brother betray Raymond =X
- Bosco’s character is rather cool. He’s quite smart, fun and caring. I really like watching his appearance. Clearly he is a lot more business orientated and intelligent compared to Raymond. I’m really happy he is here to help Raymond in his family business- going against Damian. Raymond would be so lost without his help as Bosco often comes up with most of the resolutions. Unfortunately for this reason, I really fear when he betrays Raymond and becomes ruthless. You can tell he’s someone who is very competitive and can achieve much more. For many years, Bosco’s father constantly compared him to Raymond. While he may not show it now, I fear somewhere inside him, he will not stay loyal towards Raymond. I can see he far exceeds Raymond’s ability to run a business. Maybe I’ve seen too many trailers..I should enjoy “good” Bosco now while I can hehe
- I felt really sorry for Bosco when they revealed his past relationship with Raymond’s fiancee! Bosco was so angry with her when she broke up with him “If you don’t love me then I have nothing to say. But if you’re not staying with me because I’m poor- I will never forgive you!!” The sad thing from all this is Raymond’s fiancee already agreed to marry Raymond but when she meets Bosco again (after 5 years?), she realised she still loves him 🙁 It’s clear that she loves Bosco more than Raymond and is having doubts *sigh* She was very disappointed that Bosco acted as though they never dated each other before- as if it was no big deal. She kept trying to get his attention but he didn’t really give her any which made her more upset. Oh dear…what is she doing!!! Things are gonna get ugly..the wedding will not go ahead..
- Cecilla’s quite pretty in the series! I like her character a lot and how she’s trying to reconcile the “Hoi” family relationship
- The “spy” Damien sent to Raymond’s company is pretty funny. I think she has some resemblances to Toby. She tries to act innocent and “lost” to get away with things. I don’t think she’s that pretty though..it might take some time to get used to her.
- Whilst I am currently enjoying the series and wanting to watch more, the series is somehow predictable. I’m not sure whether it’s because I’ve seen the trailers or read the synopsis- or maybe have watched too many TVB dramas with TVB reusing ideas or exploring similar themes. TVB also gives it away through the opening theme video which makes me think my prediction may be correct…