Warning: Ending Spoiler!! [All my posts contain spoilers, but this is the ending, so an extra warning message ^__^]
- Raymond and Lai Ging finally get together in episode 26 =) These two are a fun bickering couple and I found it cute how even though Lai Ging said she wouldn’t bother him again, she’d always be back by his side.
- In the scene where they got together, they had another argument when Lai Ging tried to make Damian remember Raymond was his son. Raymond yelled at her saying “It’s none of your business-who are you to me anyway?” This situation happened to them so many times and as Lai Ging angry walks off, Raymond starts saying to himself “Yea, and then you’ll walk away and faint somewhere again” XD (haha exactly what I was thinking!) Raymond then chases after her where he calls out “Ok! Let’s get back together!” Lai Ging: “You said we never even dated, what do you mean get back together?” Raymond: “Well we never dated and you said to break up” XD I’m really happy for Lai Ging hehe Raymond returned the necklace to her, saying that even though he didn’t initially intend to buy it for her, she liked it a lot and learned to treasure it- he realised she was the one who suited the necklace the most. She had never left him no matter what =)
- Damian eventually hands over the company to Bosco. Just as Bosco thought he had everything, Yiu Kwan re-appears and blackmails him with a video clip of him kicking Damian down the mountain. She wants Bosco to divorce Toby and be with her. As a result, Bosco starts having his affair with Yiu-Kwan and she’s constantly there to break up Bosco and Toby by publishing a photo of her and Bosco kissing each other all over the magazines. Even after that, Bosco manages to make Toby forgive him and tricks Toby in putting all her shares in “Wing Hoi” to a Trust Fund- where Bosco ends up taking ownership- successfully owning “Wing Hoi” and revealing his true face!
- The final 2 episodes have been quite peaceful, which gives a sense of closure to the series. I felt there were a lot of life lessons they were trying to communicate to the audience
- The highlight of these episodes was watching Damian- his actions were very moving, especially the scenes he shares with Raymond and his family. He realised so much after his accident and I enjoyed the way he was passing on those lessons learned to his family.
- Raymond didn’t do as much as I thought he would in these episodes leading up to the ending. I thought he’d turn evil or something xD but that didn’t happen. His greatest character development is from losing his mother and trying to accept the truth that Damian was his father. His best scenes were definitely his crying scenes around episode 20. There wasn’t any real confrontation between Bosco and Raymond but I’m glad Raymond wasn’t dumb to trust Bosco again. His approach was very mature
- I loved how they gradually revealed that Damian had already regained his memories, but continued to pretend he didn’t because he want to live in the happy moments 🙂 I loved Damian’s character change and it makes me feel that his character is one who represents has “grown through life” the most. He learned to let go and to cared about the people around him. Damian also didn’t want to make things awkward for Raymond so he continued to let him call him “uncle”.
- I t didn’t occur to me that even when Damian regained his memories, he actually could not remember the bit where Bosco kicked him down the mountain because he was already unconscious then. It was interesting that he was given hints from Yiu-Kwan (who thought he had already knew!) and he eventually tricks Bosco into thinking he remembers/have evidence! Damian was willing to give Bosco one more chance but unfortunately Bosco runs Damian over with a car!
- I thought it was pretty sad that Damian was killed 🙁 I was hoping it wouldn’t happen since in the opening sequence we see Raymond and Damian walking along the beach together. The comforting thing was that Raymond called him “dad’ before he died – he had won back his son and family…
- In the end, Bosco realised he had some form of liver cancer and Dominic gave up his life to save him. He made Bosco realise that his father loved him the most and eventually returns all his shares to Toby and giving in to the police that he killed Damian.
- At the end, we find out that Lai Ging has recovered and she and Raymond get married 🙂
- There’s probably more thoughts I’ve missed out from above, happy to discuss more for those is interested. What did you guys think of the ending?
- Overall I really enjoyed the series and cast 🙂 Damian and Cecilia definitely stood out. I love Raymond’s character <3 Happy that the characters are able to live on happily … 🙂