As I am really busy during this period and do not have enough time to spend on this blog, I’ll be jotting down my thoughts on the TVB series as quick scribbles. This will ensure you’ll get more regular updates from me 🙂 Apologies for the draft-ness of my upcoming posts. Hope you guys enjoy what I have to share! [Contains spoilers]
- I have to get this out off my chest first…omg..I seriously could not stand watching Song Wen Fei (who plays Raymond’s fiancee “Yiu Kwan”) in these 5 episodes. She is so so so selfish I can’t emphasise enough…. I don’t care if there’s no “right or wrong when it comes to love“. To me, everything she did was so selfish. After all they’ve gone through- Raymond is suddenly “no one” to her and she breaks up with him- calling off their wedding. She is only “grateful” towards him, nothing else. She realised that she can’t lie to herself anymore and she will never accept Raymond because she “can’t stand marrying someone she does not love”. It makes me wonder what’s so good about her that both Raymond and Bosco like her for. Wen Fei continued to actively pursue Bosco despite getting rejected again and again. She even went to the extreme of hurting Raymond even more by revealing the man she could not let go of was his best friend Bosco (in hope Bosco wouldn’t suppress his feelings towards her)>< ARGGGHH I hope she doesn’t end up with anyone in the end (hehe) Looks like she’s going overseas~ hopefully this means we won’t hear from her for a while XD I seriously do not sympathise with her at all and she was a mess to watch.
- The confrontation scene where Raymond finds out that Bosco was the “cause” of the wedding failure wasn’t as painful to watch as it could have been lol 9that’s a good thing) Clearly Wen Fei did not care about anyone but herself- her selfish act of hurting Bosco and Raymond’s relationship, and cutting Raymond even more was unforgivable! She also made Raymond hurt Bosco- does she really think Bosco will end up with her after all that? I’m glad Zhao Ziqi was there to defend for Bosco and quickly cleared Raymond’s misunderstanding. Wen Fei was in a rush to blurb everything out and then says “Don’t blame Linus (Bosco), blame me” to Raymond. I’m just glad that in the end, it did not affect Bosco and Raymond’s friendship.
- I loved how Bosco told her to go away when she ran over to him and walked away with Ziqi- his action clearly showed he was not interested in her and just wanted her to stop bothering him. I’m just glad she’s out of Raymond’s life and that he won’t have anymore false hope.
- I really like Bosco ‘s character!! I love how caring he is towards everyone around him. I also loved the way he handled the situation with Wen Fei and clearly told her that he does not/will never love her. He kept his distance from Wen Fei and tried to mend Raymond and Wen Fei’s relationship when she broke up with Raymond. He ended up using Ziqi and kissed her in front of Wen Fei to make her think she was his girlfriend XD (Poor Ziqi though- he stole her first kiss lol). I really like the bond he shares with his father (Dominic) and his friendship with both Toby and Ziqi.
- I really like watching Bosco & Ziqi scenes 😀 They’re really refreshing and cute together! They developed an understanding for each other after he finds out her “background” and she finds out his past with Wen Fei.
- It’s amazing how these 5 episodes made me warm up to Ziqi’s character (aka the spy “Fong Lai Ging”) so much. I think she’s absolutely adorable. I love how she can get away with things- even going up against Damian lol Maybe Bosco and Raymond are nice guys so they still forgive her- treat her nice even after she betrayed them. I found it particularly cute how she managed to get Raymond to have lunch with her after she betrayed him lol (and she was secretly plotting to get a piece of his hair for Daimian for DNA test XD) I like how her eyes just glow up when she hears about money but also how guilty she felt for betraying Raymond. She has really good chemistry with both Raymond and Bosco and I could almost see a love triangle blossom from this, or a very close friendship XD I also find it quite funny how she’s always with dogs on the street – pretty sure one of the dogs was ‘Jack (from “The Seventh day) but ended up adopting a different doggy (back to Bosco’s place).
- It was touching when she got kicked out of Raymond’s company and she was reading her diary about how happy she was working there: How nice Raymond’s mother was to her, how they asked her to dinner, or when Raymond thanked her when she took him home when he was drunk on the streets.
- I really like how optimistic she is and does everything for her family. It’s sad to think the “thing” in her brain could turn into brain cancer” 🙁 The above scene with Bosco and the dog was cute- it brought the two closer as they both cared for it together. It also pretty sad when the doggy died from cancer! 🙁 I’m glad that they could spend its last few moments with it. It was particularly sad scene because we know Ziqi could potentially end up just like the doggy- dying young- and out of nowhere. Bosco is suspecting Ziqi’s constant headaches may be worse than they appear..
- I was really happy for Cecila and Damian when they found out she was pregnant with their son 😀 I can’t help by feel all their happiness- and how much Damian wanted a son 🙂 I have a feeling it won’t go as well as they hope but my fingers are crossed that she’ll be able to deliver her baby successfully!
- Raymond’s mother blurted out the secret to Damian that Raymond was actually his son because she couldn’t bare to see the way he was treating him. I didn’t feel much about the scene because I was expecting it to happen already. When this secret comes out, I could only imagine what it would do to Damian’s family…
- It makes me wonder what Damian’s aim is when he starts “challenging” Bosco. Is him simply just trying to put-him-down?
- 1/3 through the series! Please don’t go downhill anytime soon lol