Message from K: I’ve just finished watching the last episode of ‘In the Chamber of Bliss’ and quite disappointed with the ending… The series itself is pretty good but the ending let it down..As I’m currently really busy with work and study, I’ll only be making a really brief post with a few thoughts and comments.
- After Angela’s younger brother gets killed by Dominic, Angela decides to close the brothel business.
- With the help of Angela and her friends, Kathy and Damien manage to escape.
- Dominic finds out Angela is pregnant with his baby
- Kathy and Damien separate and Kenneth takes Kathy away but she ends up going back to find Damien.
- Toby gets killed by her father (Dominic)’s gunshot from protecting Kenneth.
- Dominic seeks revenge on Kenneth by killing Kenneth’s father. Before Kenneth’s father passes away, he tells his son that he is really proud of him.
- Kenneth and Dominic face off, and Kenneth ends up with the upper hand. Kenneth lets Dominic off as a way of repaying Toby for previously saving him.
- Kathy and Damien end up successfully escaping. Damien finally admits his love for her and the two share many happy times and memories together. They end up finding a little house and they get married.
- Kathy decides to leave him because she knows that he wants to go and save his country.
- Kathy gets captured by Dominic and Damien successfully returns to his home.
- Dominic eventually lets Kathy go because of Angela.
- Dominic finally realises Yuen Sai Hoi was selfish when Damien was winning in the war. Yuen Sai Hoi puts the blame on Dominic for supporting him to be the emperor in the first place. Dominic points a gun at Yuen Sai Hoi and Yuen Sai Hoi..dies from sickness?
- Angela lives happily with her baby and Kathy as they run their own bun store.
- Dominic becomes a monk and leaves a beaded bracelet with his son
- Damien dies from sickness after the war ended.
Comments (contains spoilers):
- I’m disappointed with the ending (usual for TVB=X ) How could Damien just die like that? It felt so insignificant (although if he’s a figure in history and that’s how he died- I guess they can’t make too many changes in the story- did he actually exist in history?) I rather he have died in war- that would have been really sad
- I loved the chemistry between Kathy and Damien; I smiled when Damien finally admitted he loved her ^^ The moments they spent together were really sweet
- The prelude is kind of misleading with Kathy being old and sad and teary thinking back because she said she would live on a happy life because he will always be in her heart. It made it look like she was sad and lonely!
- I didn’t like how Kathy never got to ‘reunite’ with Damien after she left him and got imprisoned. Damien didn’t get to see Kathy before he died =(
- The last episode was kinda boring and not much was going on. The story died off slowly in last two episodes
- A bit lame to have Dominic turn into a monk- I somehow wanted him to reunite with his family. I also hoped he had “realised” earlier that following Yuen Sai Hoi was wrong, but when that did happen..it was too late already. You would think he’d realise after he killed his own daughter.
What did everyone else think ?