*Contains: Ending Spoilers*
- Just finished watching the series! I didn’t find the finale that exciting..I’m not sure whether it’s because they showed us the episode preview the night before and it had most of the spoilers; or if it was predictable,usual typical kind of the ending. There were also a lot of flashbacks which I felt were repetitive…
- Overall, it was an enjoyable series but it unfortunately did not make it to my top favourites of the year. The ratings were high but I wasn’t kept interested throughout… it felt like something critical was missing. I felt EU was a lot better. I liked how Laughing’s character is pretty much the same as in EU and incoporated into his “Laughing-Sir” role. It was like “this is what Laughing would be doing if he lived from EU, completed his mission and returned to the police force”. When Laughing once again returned as an undercover in episode 15; it wasn’t that suspenseful because we already knew he was one but I was looking forward to him being in action again anyway. The important characters in the movie knew his identity and he also had the support from the woman he loved so he wasn’t that lonely/misunderstood. It felt like they overused undercovers in the series and I noticed Laughing used the same method twice (saying MCJin and Derek were his people when they were busted) to get away with things. I think Laughing got into “Yee Fung” too easily.
- While Laughing was the main character in the series and I like his character a lot, it felt like Bosco’s “Bai-Co” stood out more and Laughing was playing a more supporting role.
- I didn’t feel that sad when Jodie and Paris died…it seemed fated from the start that the 4 were not going to have a happy ending. While Jodie said to Laughing to “continue to live on happily”- I don’t see how him killing Bosco and going to jail was living happily…He seemed to justify his actions during the court case, but it still feels wrong in the end. He knew it was illegal; he killed him; but does not regret it. He gets the punishment he deserves. The police forced was going to get him sooner or later if Laughing handed in the other rings.
- While Kate lives in the end, she ends up with nothing. The scene where Bosco shot Paris and her heart was not aligned properly was used in other TVB series to “fake a death” as well. I think the only reason why they made Kate live was for her to realise Bosco’s love for her. While I don’t feel much for this couple, the two were very much in love.
- My favourite couple in the series is Gong-Sir (Damian) and Lam-Yee (Elena). I thoroughly enjoyed watching their storyline and glad they got together in the end! For discussion on the main couples, go here.
- What did you guys think of the series and ending?