When I first saw the trailer for Men with No Shadows, my initial reaction was 0_0;|| a bit speechless and well, not too amused haha. It sounded silly and “mo liu” and the idea reminded me of “Fly with Me” which totally turned me off.
Nevertheless, I gave it a go because my favourite Raymond Lam was in it and Bobby’s always fun to watch. The first episode didn’t appeal to me much, but as I continued to watch on, I found myself so attracted to Typhoon (Raymond’s Death God character)- He is absolutely ADORABLE!!
When Raymond first appeared he spooked me out a bit. He had a very serious look on his face. However as we see him interact with Bobby more, we see all dimensions of him: A death god trying to be human XD Most of the time when he’s listening to Bobby he has that blank look on his face (he reminds me of L from Death Note a lot!) I love all his expressions, especially when he is really happy, smiling and seeing him enjoy being human so much! I also like the things he says, he’s pretty funny and robot-like haha I also think it’s cute how he’s always eating an apple (like Ryuk from Death Note).
Some of my favourite things:
- He got his nails painted with Tavia XD So funny!!
- When he doesn’t know when he should be angry and is still happily smiling
- When he pretends to be angry; or hurt (to act more human)
- His love for shopping
- Everytime he mentions the apple : ordering apple juice, freezer for his apples
- The scenes where he is pursuing Tavia- so charming and attentive!!
I’m really enjoying the series because of Raymond. Looking forward to seeing more of him!!