I’ve been having quite a hectic week and with TVB Anniversary Awards revealed and a bit of time for the results to sink in, I’ve finally had the chance to put together my thoughts on the final episodes (31-32) of No Regrets
“Let’s leave together- We’ll live together, or die together”
- I think most of the drama has died down in these episodes as it was approaching an end- but the most I wanted to see was what would be the fate of our heroes Lau Sing & Gou Goo Leung.
- Ching Ching’s death scene finally came…. it was quite peaceful and comforting as Raymond was reading out her diary entries. It made me reflect on Sheren’s words when she told Wayne how Fala was actually born lucky…She was cared by her mother, then brother, and then in the care and love of Raymond..now that she has peacefully gone, she will once again be in the care of her mother. Her dream of marrying Raymond also became a reality and was able to get married, and die at “Ju Long Lei”. We can say she lived her life with no regrets..
- I didn’t find Ben’s scene that dramatic- thought it was a bit silly…he can’t just come back and demand for more money -.- From the previous episode, I believed Susan genuinely changed and it was interesting to see what Ben would do considering he was once such a gangster and didn’t look like he’d just leave like that. Like Rosy Business, Susan has to suffer the loss of her son. It was interesting that his “father” was the one who eventually killed him. Elliot raised him as his own son and it didn’t look like Ben appreciated or respected him at all..
- I think Nancy’s character still annoys me even though the series has ended. I don’t think she even changed! I felt she got away with stuff way too easily. Her rise to become Elliot’s wife didn’t really give her that significant power over Sheren. I actually would have thought it’d be cool to see Nancy go to the real extreme of calling her “Gou-Mui”, removing all respect she had.How could she just tell Sheren’s secret like that?! Then again, even though she curls/ clips her hair up after getting married and wore a lot of makeup, I guess she is just an immature girl trying hard to act like an adult…Maybe there is still hope since she’s still “young”. Towards the end, Elliot just set her free and she went to marry another man..Did she even change?Did she even apologise to Sheren?
- There were also some sweet scenes like when Sheren was wondering who would be waiting for her if she died one day. Wayne said it depends which of them will go first. If he were to die first, he’ll be waiting for her ^^ The reference to this at the end is kinda like a reminder, but it looked a bit out of place lol
- I really like how they filmed the scene with the Church breaking down and glass getting smashed- it was really dramatic! I thought it ended quite abruptly though-lol After they determined to live/die together- I thought they’d run away at that point ^^;
- I also liked how Wayne said he’ll go wherever Sheren tells him to, and do whatever she wants him to do XD I was suddenly reminded of his argument with his wife near the beginning of the series where he refused to leave his job and move to another city- since he’s been a cop all his life.
- I think I’m too involved in the series that I hoped a fantasy ending lol I would have likes to see Wayne and Sheren reunite at the Church- if they ever lose contact, they’ll meet at the Church- dead or alive..it was a very “awww…” moment when Wayne – who had lost his memories, remembered that he made an appointment with someone..but couldn’t remember who.. so tragic..
- When I first saw the last episode, I was so angry that they separate Wayne and Sheren from each other for all those year!! I was so upset they had to be so realistic and cruel to them..Why couldn’t they let the two live their 30 years of lives together? ;( My wish of the two expressing their feelings towards each other explicitly didn’t happen either..and they never really got a “get-together” scene. I think its just something I really wanted to see although a lot of it has been implied and we know they have that mutual feelings/understanding for each other. I just think the series would escalated to a whole new level if their relationship just went the extra way…I just felt empty inside knowing they wasted 30 years of being together. Each time they should 10 years later..I was like ‘og…please no…’ It was a very touching when they finally reunited at such an old age..It saddens me to think they suffered so much through their life and were only able to find some peace near the end..And it felt so weird to see everyone so old..(Pierre and Kara are them most convincing ones XD) and to hear they suffered for all those years too..
- When they showed the montage of Sheren and Wayne traveling around the world and happily living together, it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside… but I think the fact they still had to separate for all these years left me quite unsatisfied in the inside..
- When I watched it the 2nd time, I was slowly convinced it was still a good ending for them I suppose- since they were able to live their last days together and it was a warm feeling watching them grow old together and live the modern world. It left a smile on my face ^^
- What did you guys think of the ending? Doyou think their separation left a deeper impression for the series? Any other unexplained things in the series..? Overall thoughts about the series? Favourite scenes? Please do share!
Message from K:
I guess that’s it guys! No Regrets has come to an end. It has definitely been the highlight for the last month and half it was airring! Even though it unfortunately did not win Best Series for 2010, it remains my favourite series of the year (and I’m sure for many of you too!) I really enjoyed being so involved in watching the drama, chasing it every night, blogging my thoughts and sharing it with you guys! Thanks so much for everyone who’s been reading and especially to those who have actively commented (chibi, Madeline, Ri, faithict, wewah, hannah, Sharon, saomongmo, dee, Nonny Nu, misstila , Badger, Danette , roselle, An Pham , Britt, Moonriversp). It was a nice little NR community we built here while it lasted =) Hopefully TVB can/will produce more awesome TVB series like NR!! LOVE WAYNE & SHEREN!!! <3