One of my favourite TVB series of 2011 which didn’t quite get a mention in the Anniversary Award Ceremony..so it’s gonna get a mention here at K-TVB.net hehe! Compiled below are some screencaptures from Elanne & Michael’s scenes from Relic of an Emissary! Hope you guys enjoy!
- I noticed a lot of people complained about Elanne’s acting as Princess Wing-Yeung. I’m not sure why but her charatcer didn’t really bother me that much. I thought she was pretty cute and I liked watching her scenes with Ngo Siu-Fung (Michael) and Ma Sam-Bo (Sammul).
- Elanne and Michael play a bickering-turned-love couple. She didn’t like him from the start because he was a “Gum Yi Wei” , and also rivals with Sammul so she was bias towards him. The two were pretty amusing to watch. Despite the two not wanting to be with each other, Michael was always ordered to find/protect the princess allowing their relationship to grow XD
- I thought the scene where the Princess was trying to stitch up his wounds was hilarious xD
- The only thing that slightly bothered me with this couple was the age gap (it was slightly obvious, but Michael Tse is cool anyway) XD
- The two go through many life and death situations together and they eventually fall in love. However, other things kept getting in their way of being together: Sire Ma; Michael regaining his memories which left him in a huge dilemma, pushing the Princess away from him because of his identity. He started to act cold towards her and deliberately made her jealous by being with Sire.
- When she told Michael the emperor wanted her to marry General Lee Geng Long, he congratulated her
- There was also a nice “trapped in a well” scene- see post
- She didn’t understand why he was treating her that way and was being so cold towards her; changing into a complete different person (who claims has always been that way). Michael deliberately asked her to come out and made a romantic scene with candles light around the walls. However, he deliberately acted like a jerk in front of her, making her hate him more.
- The sadden princess decided to write a wish on a lantern but it unfortunately started to fall from the sky. Michael saw and thought the least he could do for her is make her wish come true. He went to pick up the latern and realised her wish was to be with Michael eveyr life after.. awww.. Princess Wing Yeung chased after the lantern too and finds Michael there. He finally confesses his feelings for her, and promised to elope with her.
- Unforuntaly, due to Siu-Qiu (Sire) being all clingy onto Michael, threatened to kill herself if he was to leave her =.= Michael promised he won’t leave Sire, and that he and the princess belong to different worlds-” wW shouldn’t have gone together to start with”. Torn by his betrayal, the princess goes back to marry General Lee Geng Long. Michael marries Siu-Qiu.
- At the end, Michael betrays Joe (Yin-Wong) and risks his life to save the Princess. In order to punish himself for betraying the emperor, Michael cuts off the arm with the Tiger Tatoo (which symbolised his loyalty towards Yin-Wong). Siu-Qiu also sacrifices herself to save Michael and Elanne and the two escape – living a happy life together as ordinary people.