- Finally started on Grand Production “Triumph in the Skies II” 😀 I haven’t seen the prequel before, but Chilam’s casting in this series was enough to get me excited to watch the series! I’ve just seen the first 5 episodes so here are some of my impressions on the characters so far:
- Francis Ng as Samuel Tong: I was not a fan of his hair or his look in the first few episodes. The way he was dressed made me feel kind of sorry for him. It was like he was torturing himself. Following the death of his wife Zoe (played by Myolie Wu from the prequel), Francis has taken an extended holiday in London, living with Michelle Yim and helping her bake cakes at her cafe. He looked pretty sad and depressed and I felt it was his way of grieving over her death. TVB killing off the main lead’s wife from the prequel reminded me of what they did to Kate Tsui in “A Great Way to Care 2 “. As expected, something happens which makes Francis find himself again, courageously facing the death of his wife, and he decides to end his holiday. This happened due to his encounters with Michelle’s daughter Holiday (played by Fala Chen) who unexpectedly returned to London and by mistake (or Fate), made Francis re-bake the same cake for his wife. In episode 4, Francis returns to Hong Kong to be a pilot again. I wonder how he will react when he bumps into Myolie (Zoe-look-alike).
- Chilam Cheung as Jayden Koo:
- As a complete contrast to Francis, Chilam plays the really cool, charming pilot with a flirtatious personality. He is constantly found dating and making girls fall for him lol Being popular amongst the ladies and being highly regarded/skilled in his profession, Chilam he has a bit of an ego and loves attention seeking. He also enjoys taking risks which again contrasts to the reserved and conservative Francis. I personally love Chilam’s character so far- he is interesting to watch and definitely an eye candy *squeal!!* XD Can’t wait too see his love story unfold!
- During the first episode, Chilam acted like a jerk. I didn’t like him at all and he was described by the fellow members as a Devil “Cool Mor”. At the end of the episode, it turned out they were just playing a prank on newcomer Kenneth *phew* He would have been unlikeable!
- I loved the two scenes he had with Fala so far! So cute! The first one was when Chilam thought Fala was waving and running up to him to give him a hug so he held his arms out to embrace her hahah..hilarious. Chilam’s face expression was priceless as he saw her ran past to hug her friend. Chilam: “Next time I see you, I’m going to make sure you hug me”.
- Their next encounter was at London, when Fala sold her ex (?)-boyfriend’s jacket at a store in order to repair her telescope, however later regret as the jackets were filled with his memories. Co-incidentally, Chilam ends up buying the jacket and Fala desperately chases him in hope to get it back. She hugs onto him “Please don’t go” (referring to her boyfriend). The embarrassed Fala kindly asks if she could buy the jacket back because it meant a lot to her. Since she didn’t have enough money, Chilam said he’ll let her have it back if she lets him kiss her. After a few moments of thoughts, Fala agreed and closed her eyes. However, Chilam does not take advantage of her and return the jacket (by covering her face with it) and her money without kissing her, making Fala extremely happy and relieved as he walks off. He accidently kept
her earring thoughthe key to the bracelet Fala’s ex-boyfriend (?) gave her (which was in the pocket of the jacket) I’m anticipating on when they will meet again!
- After Francis makes his appearance back to the flight scene, I could start to feel the rivalry as Chilam’s status is being challenged. Things are bound to get more exciting!
- Fala Chen as Holiday: Cheeky, cute and adorable, Fala appears dressed as a gothic-punk who appears to be travelling around and refusing to go home. I’m still not sure what she does but it appears she has been trying to search for answers as her ex(?)-boyfriend Daniel (who she is often seeing writing to) has left her and not returned. Heartbroken and lost, Fala eventually finds some form of answer when Francis tries to fix her telescope in which they find a diamond ring hidden inside. Fala always wondered why her boyfriend liked the sky so much…sounds like a motivation for her to fly someday and become a pilot too! Francis seems a bit old for Fala, but I’ll just watch on to see what chemistry they would have.
- Myolie Wu as Summer: She made her first appearance as ‘Summer’ in episode 4, an aircraft maintenance technician who leads a team of men. She is very boy-ish, quiet, but also very ‘cool’. There seems to something going on between Chilam and Myolie as Chilam tries to ask for her forgiveness and hopes to start over but she continues to hold grudges against him. I wonder what happened.. He is clearly cut when he found out that she gave away all the birthday presents he has given her in the past. I’m interested to see what relationship the two have/how it has become the way it has as she seems to be the only girl who he is serious about. She doesn’t seem like his ex-girlfriend though, possibly his sister?
- Ron Ng as Issac Tong: Ron looks the same and acts the same as he normally does! I find he always plays these kind of immature roles…I haven’t been a huge fan of him, and at the moment I’m still pretty indifferent about his character or acting. I love how he’s so blunt with Nancy’s character though. Their sibling bond seems more natural.
- Kenneth Ma as Roy: Seems like a good boy per usual, but more this time around- must be his hair cut hehe. He seems quite sensible and more rational. I read elsewhere (spoiler alert) that he’s going to be a two timer -_- I have a feeling he’s going to annoy me lol
- Nancy Wu as Coco and Elena Kong as Heather: I quite like both of them so far. Let’s see how these supporting characters will assist the story!
Other random notes:
- I haven’t been to London before so the scenary/backdrop is refreshing and has a different feel to it.
- The story starts to pick up from episode 4 onwards, can’t wait to see more! The Themesong by George Lam is totally not my thing. I’m not a fan of his voice and only wished Chilam sang the themesong. I cringe listening to it and had to skip the theme video. From around episode 4 onwards, I noticed the file I’ve seen has been replaced by TITS1 themesong by Eason Chan..is this fan made or TVB official? lol
- Eliza Sam as a stewardess- no offense but I don’t know why people are labelling her as a “goddess”… I don’t find her attractive at all…
- I’m seeing random guest stars like Michelle Yim, Sharon Chan, Angela Tong. I wonder if they will re-appear again or are they just guest stars?