- I’m almost half way through the series and I feel that it’s slowly losing its momentum and I’m slightly losing interest in it. I thought episode 16 -17 were quite exciting but this doesn’t mean I fully liked the way it was developed or where the story was heading. Nancy’s story development in episode 18 made me go a bit bizarre (call me conservative but it has left me in disbelief), with episode 19-20 focusing on characters I didn’t care too much about (e.g Adrian, Kenneth). Hopefully the story will pick up again because I do hope to enjoy and finish the series. Ok..so onto the exciting episodes!!
- The PPP was coming to an end (yay, finally!) and on their last lesson, the students get to go on a ride in the sky for the last time. Fala had to go last because she always handed in her homework late. Just as it got to her turn, Fala misses out because of thunder warnings. Knowing that Fala would be disappointed, Francis arranges a time the next morning to fly with Fala, but is told that Chilam has taken the private plane already and he would be able to use it after him. When Francis went to find Fala in her room that morning, she wasn’t there but notices the “Triangel” doll sitting on her table. FINALLY!! 😀 He takes it and smells it (carrying the scent of ‘Zoe’), causing him to become very emotional and full of questions.
- On the other hand, Fala is outside playing around with a make-belief plane, where Chilam notices her and invites her onto the private plane for a ride. Being thrilled with the excitement of flying once again, Fala yells in joy on the flight. Shortly after they land, Fala notices Chilam had the key to the lock on her bracelet on his key ring. Bringing back memories of’ ‘Daniel’, Fala lifts up her wrists and lets Chilam unlocks her bracket causing Fala to become extremely emotional and overwhelmed. “Its finally opened. Ever since the jacket, you’d constantly appear in my life. This time, you helped me unlock the bracelet too.” Chilam smiles and wipes the tears off Fala’s face, “Sometimes I shouldn’t think about things too complicated”. Fala touches his face and the two kiss. Just at this moment, Francis arrives with the “Triangel” and witnesses this…Woahh…..!! The two realisation moments I have been waiting for! TVB, is this supposed to be the start of their love triangle???
- I always thought Fala noticed Chilam because of his similarity to “Daniel” and sometimes it makes wonder if she’s just using him as a substitute. She was freed from her emotional burden and her kissing him felt like it was just a spur-of-the-moment thing..haha Chilam probably doesn’t even know what/why Fala behaved the way she did. However, I thought their next scene which followed came way too quick and bizarre for my liking.
- The PPP students and Francis return to Hong Kong while Chilam and Fala disappeared off together on their date.
- We see Fala and Chilam driving along in a convertible, having a lot of fun in the country side. Night approaches and the car runs out of fuel so they end up staying at some old house, where they find candles, bottle of wine and they make themselves at home.
- They start putting on music and Fala starts performing what appeared to be a flirty seductive dance for Chilam, and then sits on his lap. She then covers his eyes with his scarf, takes off her top showing her bare back and the two kiss
- My jaws almost dropped and eye-brows raised watching that scene for a number of reasons. 1. Wow…what a bold and daring scene for TVB standards 2. “What the heck was that……? Did I miss something? 0.O??”
- Their relationship went way too fast, there is no character development and Fala was very out-of-character! Why is Fala suddenly like this?? Why did the two jump into this seemingly meaningless sex? Just for fun? TVB, please don’t tell me this is the start of a serious relationship and they are in love because I am not convinced anything was there to start with! I am so iffy about Chilam and Fala pairing at the moment- I don’t like how their relationship is going at all…
- The next morning, Fala and Chilam walk across a bridge filled with locks. Without Chilam noticing, Fala locks her bracelet on the bridge and gives it a final goodbye.
- I was actually glad I didn’t see them in episode 17..lol But when Fala returned in episode 18 I felt differently about her character. I think I’ve started disliking Fala from this point forward.
- In episode 18, Fala returns to Hong Kong to apply for the cadet program where Francis bumps into her in a pub. When Francis tries to ask Fala about the “Triangel”, with Fala questioned him back whether there was something he was hiding, or whether he was really with ‘Zoe’ when she passed away. Francis started avoiding the question, so they agreed they won’t talk about it until he is ready to face his past. The two left it as that. Guess it will take a few more episodes before we find out the truth! As Fala leaves, Chilam drives to pick her up and Fala tells Francis she will be living with Chilam…Chilam and Fala have a very casual/open relationship, where she lets him see other girls and she doesn’t quite question him either.
- Francis does not like this and is displeased but what can he do? lol Is he jealous or does he still see her as a little sister?
My favourite scene in these 5 episodes had to be the one between Myolie and Chilam in episode 17 when they finally reconciled~~ It was soooo touching!! <3 Myolie gets sexually harassed by a Western Captain ‘Bas’ at Skylette, who is known to be a pervert and a jerk among the ladies. When Chilam hears about this, he starts fuming and went to beat him up. As a result, Chilam was penalised and had his flying license suspended. When Francis told Myolie about this, she went to the roof top to find him. The scene was so emotional and brilliant!! It was so touching what Chilam had said to her as both of them tear-ed up (or maybe I like seeing Chilam cry lol)
- Chilam: “That’s fine, I know you won’t thank me. You’d probably actually blame me, asking me why I have to be so nosey. You’d also say, I don’t need to you care about my business. I understand. But I can’t help it. There are too many things in this world we can’t change- like I am your brother and you are my sister. I keep telling myself- doesn’t matter, if you don’t want to recognise me, then just leave it. Why should I be so ugly just kept begging and nagging. I thought I had already given up, but when I heard someone was picking on you and hurting you, I was going crazy. At that moment I wanted to kill him. I only have one image in my head. That image is of us when we were little playing in the park. In that picture there was you, me, mum, dad. Even though this image only appeared once, it was enough to make me realise, how powerful it is to have one complete family. A lot of people think that I’m very glorious with lots of girls, but if I had the choice, I am willing to give up my everything, to have our family back, all of us together again. Summer, if you won’t forgive your brother, it’s Ok, I understand. But I really hope you’d listen to me one last time. I’m sorry, I’ve made you disappointed in me.”
- As Chilam walks always, Myolie yells back “Brother!”
- Myolie: “I’ve actually become an aircraft maintenance crew because of you- because I hope that I could see that every plane that takes off, could safely take the passengers back to their families. I don’t want to lose my only family member. You really are the world’s worst brother! But I forgive you.”
- Chilam pat her on the head and the two embraced each other tightly..YAY!
- I felt it was a really good scene and it was ‘woahhh’, pretty sad and touching but how I felt Chilam’s character was very irrational about the whole thing.
- I’ve been looking forward to more Chilam and Myolie scenes since this one 🙂 I want to see more bonding time between the siblings. I have to say it’s rather weird hahah In episode 20 when Myolie came over to dinner with Chilam, Chilam would make reference to things when they were young (e.g apple crumbles their servant used to make, not sure whether her food preferences have changed etc). When Chilam is turned down by Myolie’s comments, Myolie would make the effort to cheer him up by agreeing to his suggestions lol. They also told Fala that they are their father’s children from his second wife (and not sure how many others are out there..) Chilam despises his father and says he would never be like his father – (sounds almost ironic…lol) Could this be his reason for his lack of commitment?
Ron: “You are especially gentle when working with mechanics.”
Myolie: “I like dealing with dead objects”
Ron; “Good thing you’re not gentle towards me then, it proves I’m not a dead object”
Myolie: “Am I really mean?”
Ron: “Not really, just a bit ‘cool’
Myolie: “Then do you think I should change?”
Ron: “Nope, I like your kind of attitude/personality”
- Surprisingly, I quite enjoy watching Myolie and Ron scenes. It might be because how pure their relationship seems and I like their character development. It isn’t rushed and it is very natural. When Myolie was harassed by Capital Bas, Ron rushed over and showed his concern and care for her, and encouraged her to speak up and report this to help other female colleagues as well (not sure why they ended up giving Francis the credit for raising the issue). Ron also joins Myolie’s team in their company’s bike race event where Myolie trains Ron so they would work better as team, and that they can sync with each other. I loved that scene where Myolie was wearing the heart-beep watch and it started beeping like crazy when Ron made the comment after Myolie drank from his bottle “after drinking my saliva, you and I will have more chemistry” hahaha . Ron doesn’t seem to have clue on what’s going in her head XD. And yay their team wins a holiday! I assume there would be an episode on that further down the track!
- Nancy’s wedding goes down the drain when she decides to help her best friend Couby become a surrogate mother so Couby could raise Victor’s baby (who is unfortunately unlikely to survive cancer). I thought that was one of the most irrational behaviours I have ever seen- and one of the most selfish requests I have ever heard…I’m sure there are people who do it out there but I personally can’t relate to it, so through episode 18, I’m sitting there shaking my head in disbelief. Yes, Couby was there to laugh with her through good times and cry with her through the bad. Her fiancée is now dying of cancer, and she has no hopes of living. She wants to carry his child, but she cannot. So Couby turns to her best friends, makes this request, and breaks up her best friend’s own wedding. How SELFISH can she be?? And how cruel of Nancy to make up her mind, tell Nick (her finance), expect him to support her and then say to him ‘I’m sorry, I have already made up my mind, and I won’t regret it’. This series just gets more weird for little conservative me…*sigh* Maybe it’s for the best since Nancy doesn’t seem to love Nick that much anyway…poor guy!
- I really liked the scene Francis went to comfort Nancy though, and the speech he had initially prepared for her and Nick was moving too. It’s a shame he couldn’t use it. And with that, Nancy leaves to the US to have her operation done and Nancy and Nick say their final goodbyes at the airport. Probably their best scene together too.
- Rebecca Zhu makes her appearance as Elena (Heather)’s adopted daughter. I think she has a lot of resemblances to Bernice Liu, especially when hair is up.
- I still can’t get enough of watching Francis, Nancy and Ron together. Such a cute family! I loved that scene where Nancy and Ron go into Francis room and demanded for their souvenir from London haha
- Elena (Heather) and ‘Tony’ announce to their friends on their anniversary that they will be having a divorce and ending their marriage on good terms. On the other hand, Kenneth (Roy) finally ends his two-timing adventures when Elena made him realise he didn’t love either of them. Both of the girls have also applied to be Stewardess on Skylette, and both wanted to surprise him on the flight. I thought it was about time the girls found out, and they both slapped him across the face XD Now that Kenneth and Elena are both single now, I guess it’s not too ‘bad’ for them to develop theirs….lol I’m quite indifferent about this pairing…and why do I feel there’s such an age gap between the many couples in TITS2?
- I thought Josie (the coffee girl) confessed to Ron her feelings already. How come Ron acts like he still doesn’t know? He is such a lostie.
- Adrian (Teddy)’s dad pleaded him to apply for the cadet program and become a pilot, rather than being a maintenance crew..I don’t care too much for his character. lol. (I’m so mean >.<)
- Francis becomes in charge of the new Cadet program and becomes a Senior Training Captain who will be assessing other Captains to improve their abilities/skills. I don’t think Chilam will like that idea!