Woot!! The Light Switching Ceremony celebrates the beginning of TVB’s Anniversary month leading up to the Awards Ceremony 🙂 The event occured about 2 weeks ago in Hong Kong which usually focuses on the Anniversary Series. I didn’t think this year’s show particularly stood out- nevertheless, it was an exciting event especially for TVB Fans XD Here are a couple of thoughts from the show:
- Firstly…I thought this year is TVB’s 44th Anniversary (since 2010 was 43rd)- Did they skip a year because 44 was a bad luck number or have I gotten something wrong?
- The show begun with Leo Ku singing the themesong of 2010’s No Regrets. Dramatic song which I liked and reminded me of the previous year’s anniversary series but felt it was kinda looking backwards rather than ahead? Just a thought.
- I noticed Wayne looking really enthusiastic in the back, singing along to No Regrets Themesong XD
- Usually the positioning of the artists represent their status in TVB. This year, the artists standing in the front row consist of: Wayne Lai & Maggie Cheung from Forensic Heroes 3, TVB’s “Biological’ son Raymond Lam, Curse of the Royal Haren’s Myolie Wu, Bosco Wong, Fala Chen, Ron Ng and Kate Tsui
- The other side consisting of the 3 “Fuk Luk Sau” from Super Snoops (Johnson, Louis and Wong Cho Lam), Steven Ma, Linda Chung, Kenneth Ma and Selena Li
- I thought it was ‘funny’ to see Steven Ma there given all the recent news regarding him leaving TVB, his dissatisfaction and all. Perhaps this was a way for TVB to show his respect for Steven and hoping he’d stay?
- When I see the cast from the front row, no one there other than Wayne gives me the confidence of deserving to win Best Actor/Actress award. Maybe it’s too soon to say given Curse of the Royal Haren hasn’t airred yet; but I’m starting to feel that the leading actresses and actors aren’t as strong this year.
- I’ve never been that impressed with the contestants/winners from The Voice so as with previous years, I didn’t find their singing performance that spectacular..
- TVB’s 45th Anniversary Series include: Super Snoops 荃加福祿壽探案, Forensic Heroes 3 法證先鋒3, Curse of the Royal Haren 萬凰之王 and new Sitcom about marriages. As with previous years I’ve skipped the parts where they interview the cast in hope to avoid spoilers xD
- I thought the dance performance by “Curse of the Royal Haren” was a bit random since they used the music from”Can’t Buy Me Love”.
- The posing thing forForensic Heroes 3 seemed a bit of a waste of time with no real purpose…but it was nice to see Wayne and Ron sing the themesong 🙂
- The wonder how the anniversary series will roll out this year. So far I’ve seen half of “Super Snoops” which I quite enjoy watching actually! I’m growing more and more fond of the 3- the comedy is quite cute and funny and the 1960s thing is growing on me again haha I enjoy seeing the three a lot more compared to previous years.
- I’ve just watched the first 5 episodes of Forenic Heroes 3 and am quite enjoying that too. Maggie and Wayne are so cool together! XD Wayne’s Pro Sir is soo proooo!! XD
- Looking forward to the Gala Celebrations and Awards Presentation Ceremony 🙂